If you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t think about drain cleaning services until there’s a problem. And by then, it can be a big problem! That’s why it’s a good idea to learn more about these services so you’ll know what to do if trouble arises.
What does a drain cleaning service do?
A drain cleaning service is a company that specializes in clearing out clogged drains. They have the tools and expertise to quickly and effectively clear out any type of blockage.
In most cases, a drain cleaning service will use a drain snake or a hydro-jetter to remove the blockage. In some cases, they may also use a chemical drain cleaner.
How much does a drain cleaning service cost?
A drain cleaning service will usually charge a fee based on the type of blockage and the severity of the clog. In some cases, they may also charge an hourly rate. Expect to pay about $100-$200 for a typical drain cleaning service call.
When should you call a drain cleaning service?
If you have a slow-draining sink or shower, it’s probably time to call a drain cleaning service. If the water is not draining at all, or if you see water backing up into your sink or tub, you should call a drain cleaning service as soon as possible.
Attempting to clear a clogged drain yourself can be dangerous, so it’s always best to leave it to the professionals.
How often should I have my drains cleaned?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on factors such as the type of drains you have, the amount of use they see, and the severity of any clogs. In general, however, most experts recommend having your drains cleaned at least once a year.
Having your drains cleaned more often may be necessary if you have a lot of people using them, if you use them for tasks that generate a lot of debris (such as cooking), or if you have tree roots growing into your pipes.
What are the benefits of a drain cleaning service?
There are many benefits of using a drain cleaning service, including:
- Preventing clogged drains: A drain cleaning service can remove any potential blockages before they cause your drains to clog.
- Avoiding costly repairs: Clogged drains can lead to significant damage if they are not fixed in a timely manner. A drain cleaning service can prevent this damage from occurring, saving you money in the long run.
- Improving drainage: A drain cleaning service will improve the flow of water through your drains, making them more efficient.
- Preventing sewer backups: If your sewer line becomes clogged, it can cause sewage to back up into your home or business. A drain cleaning service can remove any blockages before they cause this to happen.
- Extending the life of your drains: Regular drain cleaning can extend the life of your drains by preventing corrosion and other damage.
What are the consequences of not having my drains cleaned?
If you don’t have your drains cleaned on a regular basis, it can lead to a number of problems, including:
- Clogged drains: This is the most common consequence of not having your drains cleaned. Over time, the build-up of hair, soap scum, grease, and oil can create a blockage that traps water in your pipes. This can cause your drains to become slow-draining or even completely clogged.
- Damaged drains: Clogged drains can put a lot of pressure on your pipes, which can lead to cracks and breaks. In addition, the build-up of corrosive materials can damage the inside of your pipes.
- Sewer backups: If your sewer line becomes clogged, it can cause sewage to back up into your home or business. This can be a health hazard and it can also cause significant damage to your property.
- Increased water bills: If your drains are clogged, it can lead to increased water usage as you try to flush the blockage through your pipes. This can cause your water bill to go up significantly.
Therefore, it’s important to have your drains cleaned on a regular basis to avoid these problems. A drain cleaning service can remove any potential blockages and extend the life of your drains.
What should I expect during the drain cleaning process?
The drain cleaning process generally involves the following steps:
The technician will start by identifying the source of the problem. They will then use a variety of tools to remove any blockages from your drains. Finally, they will flush your drains with water to remove any residual debris.
How long will the drain cleaning process take?
The length of time it takes to clean your drains will depend on the severity of the problem. In most cases, it will take the technician a few hours to complete the job.
Will I need to be home during the drain cleaning process?
No, you don’t need to be home during the drain cleaning process. The technician will be able to access your drains through clean-out ports that are located outside of your home. However, if the clogged drain is located inside your home, you may need to be present during the job.
Tips for Finding A Good Plumbing Service
Check Online Reviews
You can check online reviews to see what other people have said about the quality of the service. If you see a lot of positive reviews, that’s a good sign.
Get Multiple Quotes
You should get multiple quotes from different companies before you decide which one to use. This will help you ensure that you’re getting a fair price.
Check Company Credentials
You should make sure that the company is licensed and insured. This will protect you in case something goes wrong during the process.